Jaipur Sanganer Bagru Tour
Discover one of Rajasthan’s finest art and print your own fabric with the help of artisans !
Our sanganer and Bagru block printing Tour takes you to the small village of Bagru near Jaipur in Rajasthan, India, where the area is known for its textiles. Here, the community creates vibrant designs with a traditional technique known as block printing. Almost everyone in the village is involved in all parts of the process; from dyeing to printing, washing, drying. They’ve been doing it for over 350 years.
You’ll get picked up.
Block printing Tour will be started by your pick up in the morning at the desired location in Jaipur by car and driver
Bagru is popular for block or wooden printing. Commonly known as ‘Bagru Prints’, creating these designs involves an exclusive technique in which the preferred design is carved on a wooden block which is further used to reproduce the same design on the preferred fabric. The print patterns are known by the name, ‘ajrakh’. The origin of this traditional craft can be dated back to three hundred years, thanks to the efforts of Chippa Mohalla, the craftsmen of Bagru who preserved it to avoid its untimely death. A walk along this specific area of the village would take you to almost three dozen families who work on this unique type of printing with blocks and dyes. These craftsmen, following the original tradition, wipe the cloth with fuller’s earth and immerse it in turmeric water to provide the cloth with the customary cream colour. Following this, various designs are embossed on the fabric, with the help of natural dyes.
It is said that these people use simple and eco-friendly tools along with turmeric and natural and vegetable dyes to print the cloth. The craftsmen make blue colour from indigo, red colour from madder root, green from indigo mixed with pomegranate juice and yellow from turmeric. Excellent bed covers and other materials are manufactured by these villagers.
Sanganer – Sanganer is around sixteen kilometers from Jaipur. This is the town that is famous for the handmade paper industry and Jain Temples. You can get beautiful crafts as well as hand printed textiles here. The hand made papers as well as hand printed textiles are made by making use of screen printers as well as units of blocks.The speciality of this palce is the traditional small floral prints. Another thing that you can discover is Kagazi Mohalla of Sanganer. This is one of the places where you will see great expert artisans. These artisians here are known as Kagazis. You will find these artisians maing beautiful and mind blowing patterns on the fabrics with block prints. You are surely going to get impress by this. One of the famous temples situated at this place is Shri Digambar Jain Temple. This temple comprises of fine carvings similar to that of the Dilwara Temple in Mount Abu.
HIGHLIGHTS OF Jaipur Sanganer Bagru Tours WITH Signature India Tours
- Understanding the Industry from local perspective
- Undertanding the process of Color Making
- Understanding the process of Block Printing
- Witness the Artisans carving detailed designs on wood blocks
- Visiting the local houses & knowing their role in the process
- “Do it yourself” activity
- Half day activity (4-4.5 hours including drive time)
End your Journey back to Jaipur
After completing the tour, you will head back to Jaipur at your desired location.
- Chauffeur Driven A/C Private Vehicle for sightseeing
- Private transfers from hotel/airport/railway station
- Exclusive Private Tours
- All Government Taxes (GST, Parking Charges, Toll Taxes & Interstate Taxes)
- Accommodation / Hotels
- Personal expenses
- Monuments entrance fees / Camera fees
- Driver’s tips & gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- An adult must accompany all children at all times
- Infant meals not included
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact length will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- Dress code is smart casual. Please be advised that shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended in the temples.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel for all participants.
- No heart problems or other severe medical conditions, most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.